My debut collection of short stories is now available.
Published by King’s Men Press, The Lookout and Other Stories is my first book bringing together both previously published and world premiere tales:
- “Gone Fishing” – In this humorous tale, Seamus can’t wait to begin his weekend at the lake, but first he has to make one final pit stop at the dentist’s office, where cavities come to be punished. (I wrote this in comedian Shelley Berman’s class.)
- “Strangers” – Jesse has found nothing but trouble since arriving in Hollywood—that’s until she has a chance encounter with a man who knows her story all too well.
- “Killing Birds” – In this piece of flash fiction, a boy learns a valuable lesson after shooting a bird.
- “Today’s the Day” – H has decided that today he will finally confess his secret.
- “The Lookout” – Los Angeles comes to life during a twilight drive through the city. As a couple heads to their favorite spot, both of their lives will be permanently changed by the time they arrive at the lookout.
And as a bonus, I’ve also included an excerpt from my novel The Last Night.
Thank you, friends, family, and readers, for supporting me during this endeavor, and if you’ve chosen to so, thank you even more for picking up my first collection. If you enjoyed The Lookout or want to give feedback of any kind, please drop me a note on Twitter, Facebook, or Goodreads.